It might be quite the task to take your guests’ dietary restrictions into account for your menu when you are hosting a party.
And, if you have gluten-free guests and you are new to the gluten free world, well, don’t fret. Through this guide, I’ve made it easy for you to please your guests.
These best gluten free appetizers are perfect for both gluten-free and non-gluten-free guests.
I will advise that when it comes to making healthy gluten free appetizers, you need to look out for ingredients that might seem harmless but actually have gluten.
These tasty, simple gluten-free appetizers are the perfect combo of healthy, delicious, easy, and fascinating.
So, let’s dive in and check out these perfect appetizers that are gluten-free:
Lemon Herb Feta Dip
- I consider this rich dip to be a light and tangy way to begin a meal. It’s a creamy stir of spicy feta cheese, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese.
- It is then garnished with garlic, and fresh herbs such as chives, dill, parsley, and lemon. It has a compelling, delicious taste.
- I suggest you serve this appetizer with gluten-free crackers and vegetables such as celery and carrot sticks.
- Queso is a South American platter that contains a great deal of chewy cheese, spices, and fresh jalapenos.
- Normally, it is thickened with plain flour, but amaranth or rice flour is used instead to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- This recipe results in a rich, dense dip. And I strongly recommend that you serve it warm over gluten-free tortilla chips.
Load Sweet Potato Bites
- Loaded sweet potato bites are one of the best gluten free appetizers. These little toasts are flavored with chili powder and cumin.
- It is then spiced with sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce. This is so flavorful, it will make your guests crave more.
The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip Ever
- This is another crowd-favorite gluten free appetizer recipe. This spinach and artichoke dip is perfect. This swirl elevates the classic to a whole new level.
- This spicy, rich dip will surely interfere with conversations and greetings when you serve it, but it is a great crowd-pleasing appetizer that is also gluten free.
- Everyone around me parks around, absorbing the compelling flavor and taste of this bowl whenever I make it.
Texas Caviar (Cowboy Caviar)
- This gluten free appetizer is always perfect. Texas caviar, which is also commonly referred to as “cowboy caviar,” was created in Texas.
- But, now, it is all over the United States. This appetizer, which is a mix of veggies, black-eyed peas, and a vinaigrette dressing, is equal parts tangy and refreshing.
- This simple recipe is filled with colorful vegetables. Jalapenos and cilantro, as well as a savory dressing with just the right amount of heat. You can pair it with tortilla chips.
- Cheesy and tasty, these stuffed mushrooms are a first-rate appetizer. I guarantee that your dinner party will be incomplete without it.
- And you can brown some ground Italian sausage and add it to the combo. This is if you want to make these simple stuffed mushrooms more indulgent. Also, make sure this is done before you put them through the food processor.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- In a sweet and zesty sauce, these sweet and sour meatballs are seared to perfection. These healthy meatballs are the perfect appetizer for dinner parties.
- You can keep these perfect meatballs warm on the stove until you are ready to serve them. I consider each meatball to be an ultimate bite-sized appetizer.
Parmesan Fried Zucchini
- This soft and juicy zucchini is covered in crunchy breadcrumbs and relished with parmesan. This appetizer is bound to be perfect.
- Based on your preference, you can also spray with more parmesan, but make sure you do this before you start serving and enjoying this perfect parmesan fried zucchini paired with warm marinara sauce, which is for dipping.
Sticky Sweet Chicken Appetizer
- An appetizer with protein will always be a good option, so you can have this at your gluten free party.
- Your gluten free guests will surely be pleased with this combo, which is pineapple, chicken, and maraschino cherries mixed in a mini-skewer.
Cajun Shrimp Guacamole Bites
- After having a bite of this perfect gluten free appetizer for a party, your guests will surely crave more.
- Unique recipe for guacamole and Cajun-seasoned shrimp, and sweet potato crisps. It is a real crowd-pleaser.
Gluten-Free Macho Nachos
- This easy recipe for gluten-free macho nachos is filled with cheese, beef, and lots of vegetables. This recipe results in a fantastic appetizer, particularly for tailgating parties, Friday nights, and fun Super Bowl parties.
- Pair with gluten-free corn tortilla chips, and make sure it is labeled “Certified Gluten-Free,” especially if you are serving guests with Celiac disease or severe sensitivities. You really have to be sure.
Vegan Gluten-Free Cauliflower Hummus
- This cauliflower hummus is low-carb and keto-friendly, and most importantly, it is gluten-free. The cauliflower tends to be light in the mouth.
- Whereas, the olive oil and the tahini give this recipe some classic smoothness. And, the recipe gets a smoky quality which flatters the sweetness of the roasted or pan-fried cauliflower from the paprika and cumin.
- Not only can you pan-fry or roast this cauliflower, but you can also boil it. It is perfect as a dip with tortilla chips, pitas, crackers, or vegetables.
- All you need is just less than 20 minutes to prepare this vegan, gluten-free cauliflower hummus to perfection for your next party or dinner.
What Exactly Is An Appetizer?
However, before I wrap this up, let’s talk about what an appetizer is. It is a small platter of food, or, let’s say, finger food, that is served before a meal.
Appetizers can be simple or extensive, hot or cold. They are prepared to sharpen the appetite and also provide something small for the guests to eat while they wait for the main dish.
As you know, there are several appetizers, some of which include dips, meats, salad, sausage rolls, chili cups, pizza, and chicken wings.
An appetizer is a key to enjoying your party, no matter what you choose to serve, but in this case, make sure it is totally gluten free.
Final Thoughts: Best Gluten Free Appetizers
Appetizers are definitely mandatory when it comes to holiday entertaining. I consider them to be the perfect way to start a meal or even a party.
As I said, appetizers can either be simple or extensive, hot or cold. And, in any case, they are always a smack for the guests.
And, in the case of gluten free appetizers, they are perfect, particularly because there’s no need for you to worry about the allergies, celiac disease, or gluten sensitivities of your guests.
So, with all that being said, you now have a detailed list of some of the best gluten free appetizers, so have fun and enjoy your party or dinner.
Best Gluten Free Appetizers
- Lemon Herb Feta Dip
- Load Sweet Potato Bites
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip Ever
- Texas Caviar Cowboy Caviar
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Parmesan Fried Zucchini
- Sticky Sweet Chicken Appetizer
- Cajun Shrimp Guacamole Bites
- Gluten-Free Macho Nachos
- Vegan Gluten-Free Cauliflower Hummus
- Check out the recipe instructions in the links attached to each recipe in the body of this guide.